• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice needed

GSD

Seedling
Hi,

I have kept tropical tanks for about 7 years, but recently decided to take the plunge and go for plants.

I have a 20 gallon community juwel tank, which is quite heavily planted, however i can only name a handful of the plants as the rest were unlabelled, and recently they started to turn brown and die off, so i ordered some tropica nutrition plus and easy life easy carbo. All was going well until my lighting decided to stop working all together, it is a juwel tank and i believe it is a connection somewhere as i replaced the starter and bulbs without sucess.
What can i do for my plants now, i think it is safe to say they will die soon due to having no lights at all but is there anything i can do temporarily to help keep them going?
Has anyone else had a problem with failure of lighting, particulally from juwel?
Has anybody managed to fit a completly new lighting set onto a tank (not just replacing i mean a different light not related to juwel) If so do you have any recomendations of lighting. I emailed juwel and for a new hood it will cost me over £50 which i dont really want to pay as it is not the hood but the lighting.

I also have a second 10 gallon tank with the worlds worst lighting and would like to fit another light to this.

Any advice appreciated :D

First thing to try is to cut off the switch that is on the cord to turn the lights on, that sometimes goes and the actual unit is fine. Happened to me when I used the Juwel Light unit.

You can usually retro fit a juwel hood with an arcadia ballast (or three)
2377791958_a74d710c13.jpg

There used to be a thread on TFF with instructions on how to do this but it's gone walkies and I can't find it. It's fairly straight forward though.

Back