Advice on a carpet

johηski

Hi guys, Im going to be setting up pressurized FE CO2 this weekend. I have all the bits apart from the FE wich i should get this week.

Basicly what i need with help is, a carpet plant wich would grow nicely in just plain sand.

Thanks.

2WPG
90ltr tank
pressurized CO2
TPN+

Ed Seeley

With enough lighting, CO2 and nutrients they should all do fine even in plain sand. Marsilea is good and tough, but a bit slower growing. Glosso needs good conditions but when you get it right it grows very fast so good if you're impatient!

Calum

Echinodorus Tennellus makes a nice grassy lawn effect and spreads rapidly by runners, i managed to grow this even in low light pretty well.

johηski

How much Eleocharis Acicularis do you think i would need to cover a 20g long ? 30x12x15

Wolfenrook

johηski said:
How much Eleocharis Acicularis do you think i would need to cover a 20g long ? 30x12x15
I'd start with 2-3 pots to start with and if you need more go from there. Once it gets established it grows and spreads quite quickly though. Echinodorus tenellus is even faster growing, I put 25 plants of this in my shrimp tank a couple of months ago, and now there are probably more like 200 plants of it. :wideyed: I like to mix ET and eleocharis, it gives a lovely dense carpet.

Ade