• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

advice on aquaEL external unimax500

forest6

Seedling
hi
i have a jewel240 tank with a fluval404 filter which is starting to make some noise and a hydro no1for a bit more movement.i have been thinking of unimax500.just wonder if anyone has had one or knows about them,and is the uv needed(had a algae issue with hc carpet,put it down to carpet to dense.1st planted tank so still trying).
comments would be greatfull.
many thanks paul

I have the 250, which I am very happy with, although it isn`t in use at the moment. Iprobably comes closest to the manufacturers quoted output out of all of my filters. I plan on using it on a 60cm set up when I move house.

There should be no real need for the UV, though.

Dave.

thanks dave for your quick reply, sorry forgot to ask are they quite

I have the 250 and yes they are quiet. in fact as near to silent as you are going to get. really impressed with the build quality. wouldn't bother with the UV get the balance right in your tank and you won't need one.
The only complaint i have was with the inlet and spray bar which i was not impressed with, but the same can be said about every other make i have seen / owned over the years. Eheim been the best but green :(

cheers milla. that's a great help. thanks for your quick reply.

Hi
This by far is the worst filter I have ever owned, I was so fed up with mine that it went in the bin.
Buy an Eheim 2080 far better, just my opinion but try cleaning one out and explaining to the wife why the carpets soaking wet again, not easy. Cleaned my Eheim out today for the first time didn’t spill a drop far better for me and the carpet.

Regards

Col

cheers colin
my wife told me to look else were after reading about ya carpet.
many thanks paul

Back