• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on moving aqua soil in new scape

Aquasheep

I setup a new Aquascape. Unfortunately I did not secure the 'tree' enough so I started to float. I removed the tree and attached it to a piece of dragon stone. This already made quite a mess with the aqua soil making plants look muddy and the water looked brown.
Now that everything settled my landscape changed a bit:( I had a higher hill behind the tree. What do you guys thinks, leave it or move some of the aquasoil to create a higher slope. Any advice on how to do that without creating a big mess?

tempImagez15OKi.png
tempImagez15OKi.png tempImageZDkJs5.png tempImage10RM7x.png

Hi there.
I have a feeling that unless you add another layer of stone to support the area behind the tree, gravity and water flow will always return the soil to where it is now.
If you're happy with the tree's positioning then perhaps a rethink of your planting scheme would compensate for the lower hill.

It looks ok to me. If you're going to re-do it now's the time, before the plants grow in, and you add livestock.

Hi
If you are that set of rearranging it.
You can syphon the aquasoil out with a hose,drain the water out of it(with minimal stirring) and then scoop it and place it wherever you need it while water level is low.Then fill up and you are done.You may have to follow with few large water changes in the next few days but I doubt it will be necessary.
I will need to do that when I have time in my nano as while tank was with no critters soil stayed in place without plucking the gaps between the stones but then I added Californian black worms and it started sipping now here and there. Didn't see that comingat all.Haha
Regards Konstantin

As a general comment, if you are not fully satisfied with your scape and you don't have fish/shrimp in there, I would suggest you rearrange things as you want. It might be a bit hard on plants at first but once you add fish and plants grow in it will get harder to make changes.
If the scape doesn't bother you and all you want is that slope to remain in place you would need to add stones to retain the slop else soil will inevitably come down with time. You would also need to plant the slop so that the root system of plants slows down soil erosion.

Back