• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on new CO2 system

@Siege Haha your have a memory like an elphant best not let the misses read this thread lol i blamed you for all the rock well @Geoffrey Rea as i knew he wouldnt be here to defend himself haha
Ooooohhhh ADA tools but there so so nice though might have to put another on my Christmas list already told her i want the twinstar 450sa for my 45p and to put it on my acount so i get the points lol
Cheers
Jay

Nice. Love the S light.

On the 45p the E light is more than an enough to punch down to the bottom. You’ll lose the reds a bit though, and the S does bring it out well in fish, wood and plants. Something the E doesn't. .

Don’t get the the new C light. It is VERY PINK. Much better to spend the extra on the E or S.

@thesorcerous apologies for hijacking your thread! :)

Last edited:
Nice. Love the S light.

On the 45p the E light is more than an enough to punch down to the bottom. You’ll lose the reds a bit though.

Don’t get the the new C light. It is VERY PINK. Much better to spend the extra on the E or S.

@thesorcerous apologies for hijacking your thread! :)

No worries, I've enjoyed reading it!

@thesorcerous yeah sorry mate i do like the extra colour of the s though was thinking about the ADA Aquasky G too

Really nice and ADA quality that you can expect. Look smart fantastic with the mirror attachment, why wouldn’t you really if you are getting the light?

It’s the classic ADA white/green colour so does lose the reds though.

No right or wrong, completely upto you!

Early next year Life Aqua (Maxlite) people are being out a new range of lights, probably best described as a Twinstar plus.
Also you have the new ADA RGB spaceship design on the horizon.
If you are happy to wait might be worth asking for a gift voucher instead, will then be able to compare (don’t know if they’ll all in 45cm though).

At the moment I would describe the Twinstar S as being the ‘best bang for buck’ in lighting.

But if you are willing to spend more there will be coming the new life aqua lights and of course always ADA (plus the new spaceship rgb).

Both will cost more than the Twinstar S though.

Thought I’d post the above to clarify my previous post. Don’t want people to wait and the be disappointed that it costs X % more than the Twinstar. Something that I’ve been criticised for before!

@Siege thanks mate you clarified very well but also made me unsure as to what to do il send you a pic of the scape let me know what light you think will work best it has evolved since you've seen it last
Cherrs
Jay

I’m not going to be able to make to Aquarium Gardens this weekend, but hopefully in a couple of weeks time. Gives me time to do a bit more research and also work out if I want anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fearful of CO2 for a long time but bit the bullet and bought this about 15 months ago:

https://www.aquariumgardens.co.uk/aquarium-co2-kit-pro-se-complete-system-673-p.asp

Never given me a day's trouble. I use with a locally sourced 2kg CO2 fire extinguisher and rigged it up in 10 mins flat (I am not technical). I basically don't need to touch it except to switch bottles once every 6 months or so. Highly recommend.

Back