• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on photo/ video software for DSLR please?

Nick_593

Hello everyone.

Just bought my first DSLR, and been experimenting a bit today. Could anyone offer some advice on software for photo editing? Preferably best value for money, or even some free photo editing software if there's any out there?
*What do most people tend to use?

Thanks#!

Have to admit I'm a bit of a fan of the Lightroom/Photoshop combo. LR for organisation and basic adjustments, PS for full blown post processing. And both being Adobe they integrate well.

Doubt it's the cheapest option though, although you can sometimes get a good deal on Lightroom and I don't think PS Elements is too expensive.

I use PhotoShop it can be expensive but if you know any students you could use there discount. There are a few free editing programs bug I have tried any, but I have heard that Gimp is a good one.

Gimp is the best free software on the market but you cant beat photoshop. I have cs5 and 6 both extended and LR4 but only use cs5.

Combined with the Topaz set of software cs5 extended is a monster and there is nothing you cant do.

Back