• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on set up + new plants.

Herrwibi

Looking for advice on my tank and some plants.

So i've tore down and moved my tank around . As you can see from the picture I have a few bits of Java fern and I want this to be the center piece .

My question is does the java fern piece look fine there or should I move it into the middle ?

Also I'm looking for some mid and foreground plants . The mid ground will go around the base of the java fern and the foreground would cover the rest possibly a carpet?

I wouldn't mind some stem plants but it's just knowing where to put them .

I have inhert substrate and co2+ei dosing . My co2 is currently off as my plant stocking just now isn't demanding and I need to change the bottle over .

I'm no aquascaper but just want to be happy with my tank

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_140449.jpg
    IMG_20190829_140449.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Personally, I'd leave the fern where it is, off centre is often better visually. But there are no hard and fast rules and it's really about what you like.

I'd try some crypts for the mid-ground and perhaps foreground as well. Mid-ground try C. Wendtii. Foreground you could use C. parva. Or you could try a Lilaeopsis spp. or both etc, to form a mixed carpet.

Check out the Tropica "Easy" plant list etc for more ideas. If there is space you could add some stems behind the fern.

Crypts will do okay without CO2 but like all aquatic plants they will do much better with gas, even if you just bubble enough CO2 in to turn the drop checker green rather than lime green.

Could use dwarf sag too either as a carpetting plant (bit taller than some) or in the midground. It's tough as boots!

Back