• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on this set up???

hazeljane

Hi all im new to planted tanks so go easy on me lol.

I have 6ft x 2ft x 15inch tank and in the process of setting up,the equipment ive got and planning to use are:
Dennerle full c02 injection with night time shut off running of a FE bottle of 13kg.
Dennerle under substrate heater of 75 watts.
Dennerle Duomat and ph controller.
Dennerle coc400 Bio station.
2 fluval 405's external filters.
2 80 watt t5 aqua medic plant grow,a 54 watt t5 aqua medic plant grow and a 54 watt juwel high lite day tubes.
All the above lights have reflectors.
Tropica substrate,ada nile sand and fine quartz gravel.
TGM petrifed wood/stone as decoration.

My plan is to plant 3/4 of the left hand side of the tank fading to a sandy section on the right.
The plants i want to use are Vallis,Echinodorus tenellus,Dwarf crypts.

A couple of questions really:

Would there be enough co2 going through the Bio Station or could i split the feed through another diffuser??
Would i need to increase the lights,filteration,flow??

Your thoughts please,
Many thanks in advance.
Stu. :? :? :?

I am not familiar with all the Dennerele stuff, what is a bio station?

Hello,
The bio station is an internal filter with built in co2 reactor and heater.I'll try and put a pic when i suss out to do it.
Also a pic of the tanK now ive set up, in my third weeK now and seem to be oKay,

Many thanKs
Stu.

12122009218.jpg

As this worked???

Stu.

Yes it has, sorry about the quality its of my mobile have'nt got a camera.
This was taken on the 12th of this month.

Hi,

Well It`s Your tank. It`s about Your happiness ;) Having nice tank is not about showing tank and judging by other persons. This is my opinion.
We talk about some kind of art. You like Metallica I like Irish folk songs... Who is "better"[?]

Anyway if U ask about advice. I`ve got just one. More plants, more plants, more plants. When U buy big tank, U buy also big number of plants, if not - You asking for troubles.

this is after 4 weeks and i think is getting there but ive noticed what looks like blue green algae on the rocks(only small) thanks for your comments and taken on board.

Many thanks

Stu.

P.s i like Metallica lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back