• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on upgrading Juwel Rio 125 lighting...

Vito

ok guys well unfortunately the arcadia luminare I orderd from charterhouse aquatics fell through and that model is discontinued now. In an ideal wold I wanted lighting to span the entire length of the tank so the growth on the sides would be as good as the center but the prices for the luminaries out there are over my budget. Any way I am considering upgrading the T8's to T5's so im thinking about getting twin lamp 24W T5 controller and maybe try and get a hold of the T5's Ibar so its all concealed withing the hood.
I just want to know if its a suitable option and am I going to have overheating problems with the T5's?
I am willing to spend up to £200 if anyone has any better suggestions, I have been dreaming about an OT2 for a while.
Please help guys.

Vito

i've never used halides so can't comment.will have to see what others say.

Vito said:
thanks nelson very inteteresting struff on the EQJ trading page.
I am very confused now though in the way of halides or T5's any advice and how many halides i need for my tank? and which is better as I have seen some really cheap second hand halides available on ebay
I have the EQJ Trading 4x24w T5 80cm lumminaire over my Rio 125, it sits just fine on the rims of the tank, in the end I also purchased another 2x24w T5 80cm and both of the them fit next to each other on top of the rims, if you want I can take some photos.

Vito said:
wow so your running 6 blubls all together?
I have been doing some tests with 4 and 6, I don't have a long photo period, never have more than 7 hours on.
I will be trying 4 soon for longer photo period.

Back