• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice/Opinions on my hardscape

bogdan isac

Hi,i found a piece of wood outside and i want to use it in my future planted fish tank.
Is it alright to use it,does not affect the plants,water and fish?
wood.jpg

I bought some "Amazon" wood last year, it has a roughened appearance complete with bark - a year on, there are no signs of the bark decomposing, I've not noticed much tint (tannin release) with this wood & despite it's rather twiggy apepearance, it sinks quickly - unfortunately there are no guesses as to origin or identity of wood

In contrast, a similar style piece sold as "Manzanita" is generally quite buoyant to start

Hi,in maybe a week i will have all items that i need for aquascape. Do you have any advice/opinions about my hardscape layout?
Thank you !
hardscape1.jpg

hardscape2.jpg

bogdan

Very sorry to say all I can see is a few pieces of wood in a bare tank with no backing and ever thing behind it.

Substrate where is it and what shape is it going to be?

Rocks type, size and how many?

Once you have the tank in its position and every thing else done it will be easier to give you an honest criticism on your Aquascape.

Keith:wave::wave:

hi,
Do you have any advice/opinions about my hardscape layout?
Any suggestions about the plants?
Thank you !
001.jpg

bogdan

My first comment would be its different just two pieces of DW, one very interesting and the other very plain and does nothing for the Aquascape.

You might like to consider something like this to add some interest to your tank.

Your substrate is rather uneven across the front and possibly not deep enough for any rooted plants. Its also can be unpleasant to the eye.

Plants as this is a plants forum I will leave it up to the plant experts.

Keith:wave::wave:
16110807_774744969343400_7166311748381704192_n.jpg

Hi,thank you for advice.
I changed my mind and i will go with jungle style without any rocks or drift wood. :):D

Rocks & driftwood don't preclude a jungle tank ;)

I always enjoy looking at the hardscape while plants are growing in
Most livestock seem to enjoy the shadows & spaces of hardscape

I prefer uneven substrate "lines" even (or perhaps especially) across the tank front :)

Your substrate is rather uneven across the front and possibly not deep enough for any rooted plants. Its also can be unpleasant to the eye.
Hi,my substrate penetrates at least an extra 2 cm into the cabinet wich you can not see in the photo.

Bogdan, take some time to look over Google images and get some inspiration of the type of tank you want to create and then compare yours to your inspiration.

You won't be able to copy exactly but will have a good basis to create your own idea and design from.

Do you have any advice regarding this hardscape for jungle style?
the two pieces of wood are strategically laid to keep the main wood from floating.

Back