• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Advice please

I have liked Tim’s reply as he is correct. I also feel the front rock is too far away from the others and rather on its own. You’d also be better with an odd number of stones going down in size.

Have you got a shop that you could go to and try the hatdscape out before buying?

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, I don't have many shops near me that sell rock (that isn't marine live rock). THe purpose of this tank was to be low budget.

Most of my money will go into my large tank which will be set up near the summer.

As such, I am just going to use the rock I have to get this wee tank up and running. It may not look as good, but the purpose of it was to learn from mistakes, trial the DSM, learn more about dosing and keeping plants.

I have glued some of the rock in place and have added plants to start the DSM process.

Thank you for your help with this. Your words haven't fallen on deaf ears! It has purely come down to budget. I set an amount of money aside to buy stuff. After getting a lot of things (plants, chemicals, heaters etc) plus a light, there is no money left without going into my main tank fund!

So, I will take your advice, mistakes in this tank and all other experience to make my main tank a show stopper!

neonplanet40

What you have done with the materials you have is very good.

I would be thinking of joining a local aquarium club if that is possible someone is bound to have exactly what you are looking for.

Keith:wave::wave:

1. Remove big stone
2. Smash it, you will get small ones
3. Place some nice tall driftwood in the middle and then add rocks to support the driftwood around
I think that driftwood would make a really positive impact on your scape.
Just my suggestion :)

Back