• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADVICE SENDING FISH PLEASE

A

Antipofish

Hi folks
I am sending some fish out today.
Will be using Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm).

Do I have to wrap the polybox or just tape it up ?
Should I mark it "LIVE FISH HANDLE WITH CARE" ?
Whats the normal protocol doing this ?

I assume I should leave it till the latest time possible to bag them up and take the box to the post office. Is there a cut off time ?

Thanks

I can only comment on those I've received - they were double-bagged, with pure oxygen piped into the air gap. A thermal pad was put in the box along with newspaper to fill any gaps. The box has always been polystyrene with brown tape around the lid/base seal. They were always marked as you state.

There will be a cut-off time though I've only ever had mine delivered by couriers who are used to dealing with fish/shrimp.

Antipofish said:
Hi folks
I am sending some fish out today.
Will be using Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day by 1pm).

Do I have to wrap the polybox or just tape it up ?
Should I mark it "LIVE FISH HANDLE WITH CARE" ?
Whats the normal protocol doing this ?

I assume I should leave it till the latest time possible to bag them up and take the box to the post office. Is there a cut off time ?

Thanks

Don't quote me on this, and i will try and find out exactly, but i think royal mail's policy is no livestock, and fish/shrimp have to be smaller than a certain size.

I will check now though!

You are ok with shrimp fry and fish fry see royal mails restrictions page below:

http://www.royalmail.com/despatch-inward-mail-services/hints-and-tips/restricted-goods

Back