• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advise required

dean

Tore down my trigon 350 it's now sat empty
I'm aware of flow and design problems this shape tank cause
My initial idea is a huge upright piece of wood as a tree stump with plants growing on it and small low growing species all around to give it that flooded forest feel with maybe one or two other smaller bits of wood lay around base

Looking for suggestions for a low tech layout plant species
What substrate ? Best For low maintenance ?
What low growing species to cover the substrate ?
I know it's not going to be a carpet that not what I want, I want a more natural low maintenance tank
A few tall species at the rear to cover filter inlet

What's your thoughts

Fish stock will be small plecs/whiptails amano shrimp then main fish will be female Betta's

What substrate ? Best For low maintenance ? I've done dirt and it's good, but I've ripped down my nano (low tech) tank and it's now silver sand. My main tank in the next couple of months will be dirt free as well. If you're using ferts and you probably should then anything you like the look of works.
What low growing species to cover the substrate ? Depends on what you call low level, for the medium ground cover I don't think you can beat dwarf sag in a low tech tank. it does get about 20cm in hieght but it's mostly in the 10cm region. I'm using pigmy crypts near the glass.
I know it's not going to be a carpet that not what I want, I want a more natural low maintenance tank
A few tall species at the rear to cover filter inlet. I really struggle with stem plants. Cryptocoryne Crispatula, Echinodorus (swords).

Back