• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aeration - Does it affect nutrient levels?

Ben_K

Hello all,
Ive started aerating the tank a bit as some of my fish are unwell and they all seem much happier with some air bubbles drifting around. I was wondering does this have any effect on the water conditions? Will it affect my dosing amounts? Im wondering whether it will affect the Carbon levels from the Excel dosing e.g. releasing the carbon into the air rather than leaving it in the water.

Thanks,
Ben

With excel dosing I think you should be fine. Just don't have too a vigorous stream of bubbles going. Aerating the water will not affect any of the nutrient levels except for CO2. Excel provides carbon in a different way so won't be affected by aeration. I have an airstone in my shrimp tank which is low light and no CO2, mainly to prevent scum on the surface. My willow moss, fissidens fontanus and plagiomnium trichomanes all grow great.

James

Back