• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African dwarf butterfly cichlids

Kezzab

a couple of month back I bought 6 of these for my 90x45x45 tank. They are doing well but I think I've ended up with 5 males and 1 female.

there is definite pair, one larger than the other, who defend a territory in the front right corner of the tank. The remaining four then hang about else where fighting each other... A lot of chasing and then head to head pushing and gill flaring .

do you think my assumption about sex is correct, and would you think about trying to.move the other males on?

thanks, now the challenge will be catching the correct 4 without destroying the whole tank! Not sure I can face this...

Look up how to make a fish trap from a plastic bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have four of these in my tank, I get the charging etc as well but no full on attacks or damage. Be aware that the black markings usually stated to identify males and females is hit and miss imo. I've noticed that the markings change and fade at whim, probably with dominance.

Back