• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African Dwarf Frogs; should I put them in a fully stocked community tank or purposely understock it???

SamTheMan

I have a African dwarf frog, (I know they are social animals, I am going to get more)he lives in a fifty litre tank, and I want to stock it. currently, there is him and 3 otocinclus in there, and I want to add a pair of honey gouramis, some platys and some small schooling fish. I don't know I should stock a full community, or leave a lot of space so he doesn't get stressed with a lot of fish around him. what are your thoughts on this, and what do you think I should do ?

Solution
These were probably the most popular livestock when I was in the shop and they are very easy to keep provided you make sure they get enough good quality food and don't have anything that nips. If you are confident you can keep them well fed without affecting water quality then they can live quite happily in a community but I'd still err on understocking to be on the safe side. At 50 liters you don't have a lot of space to play with so I wouldn't add to many fish.
the tank has a lot of hiding places, so he is usually behind the rocks/wood, and I don't think fish will bother him in there

These were probably the most popular livestock when I was in the shop and they are very easy to keep provided you make sure they get enough good quality food and don't have anything that nips. If you are confident you can keep them well fed without affecting water quality then they can live quite happily in a community but I'd still err on understocking to be on the safe side. At 50 liters you don't have a lot of space to play with so I wouldn't add to many fish.

Solution
Back