• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"After the storm" - my new scape.

Thanks guys! The tank has been planted for 17 days now...carpet is 90% ready, but didn't have time to take a pic yet. Will update later on this week!

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of update! A quick pic from December, before I went on holiday. Tank is growing strong, just some diatoms and few filamentous algae has appeared during my absence, but will manage that with some water changes and a good clean. Sorry for the equipment in and the dirty intake :rolleyes:
23934229602_23f0414444_b.jpg

Tropica soil is fantastic! No real issues, plants are rooted deep and the Rotala goias is showing some really good colour, that I haven't managed to achieve before. The Elatine triandra is growing like weed. Hacked it really low yesterday.

23948258619_8c3b89871a_b.jpg

24207869052_1405557743_b.jpg

23948260629_b6744f58c6_b.jpg

24020490170_840cf8c968_b.jpg

Thanks for the update (though still hoping for the progress photo series ;))

What is the bright green stem plant in the middle of last photo, please?

that was my guess from your initial plant list - it's not a plant I've seen locally, it has a very nice size & leaf shape

Sorry for the equipment in and the dirty intake

o_O don't see anything like that in your tank
- (or mine) :lol:

that was my guess from your initial plant list - it's not a plant I've seen locally, it has a very nice size & leaf shape

Lovely plant! Fast grower! It is a weed.
o_O don't see anything like that in your tank
- (or mine) :lol:
Haha, I pretend I don't see it everyday too...but might be easier to clean them :D
I have made acrylic ones, but needs to cut the openings on the intake...

Hi everyone,

A short video of the tank, taken last week with my phone. So no greatest quality...

Everything is growing in nicely. Had to hack down the riccardia on the the right, as it had some algae growing, due to my absence for 2 weeks :) But is growing back nicely.

If all ok with it, will take it to the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience, so you can see it in flesh :)

Back