• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2007 - Anyone entering?

I'm thinking about it, but it all depends on whether the IT lot can
sort out our college computers in time. There's been a big mess up with the networks, and printers still don't work so I might not be able to print off and scan the release form you need. Just hope they can sort it in time.

Good luck with your entry!

Tom

I have 2 tanks I may enter although Im still not quite sure, its going to be last minute anyway on one of them its not quite finished yet, not quite there yet on that one and the other is finished, although not quite sure on that one either.

So I may enter although I may not :D so hows that for an answer

But if I do I will probably enter 2 entries for the heck of it.

Forgot about that release thing, I don't have a printer so will need to get that organised in the meantime.

It was reassuring a couple of weeks ago when the AGA organiser Balin shaw posted on APC regards the "stiff competition " based on the entries recieved so far :rolleyes: :?

I wonder who the judges are?

I dont know George I hadn't really considered that iwagumi layout, I wasn't quite sure what the protocol was as regards entering competitions like that with an entry that had already been entered into this years ADA competition, is there a protocol? I was not quite sure on that one, or would they expect new layouts?

I have a new iwagumi layout and this one I was not quite sure about either, it has potiential, I think anyway, but it needs to be finished right, nearly there, but not quite, an extra week will probably make a difference to it hence the late entry, but not totally sure about it tbh.

My Iwagumi is almost ready now, so I might see how it scrubs up this week.

My Riccia scape isn`t ready, unfortunately. I have got the Micranthemum umbrosum sorted out, but I wanted to push the Riccia growth as far as I could to see what happens.

This has meant that a lot of the Riccia is now brown lower down. It can be easily repaired with trimming and new Riccia, but I doubt whether the newly netted Riccia will be ready by the end of the week.

My 26l is still painfully slow, but should be ready for next year`s.

Dave.

George Farmer said:
There's no problems entering ADA entries into the AGA.

When entering the AGA early on there was an option to automatically enter the ADA, so there will be lots of double entries. ooh er... :wideyed:

Yes there still is an option as far as I know, but those entries would have been entered from last years AGA entries, anyway not quite sure but if thats the case I may enter it, but couldn't knowing the result from this years ADA be sort of prejudical in the outcome of any tank entered into AGA. I would have thought so anyway.

Ah yeah, better enter though, I will be peed off come november if I don't, you as well Dave, should try and do one entry anyway.

So thats 4 people entering from this forum anyway (so far) not a bad start :)

hi george
having been to the aga conventions for the the last three years and been at the award dinner you may regret entering but to be fair you can learn a lot from the judges comments and apply to your next entry

peter

peter said:
hi george
having been to the aga conventions for the the last three years and been at the award dinner you may regret entering but to be fair you can learn a lot from the judges comments and apply to your next entry

peter

I don't think I'll ever regret entering anything. Why would I? :)

Unless the judge's critiques are entirely non-constructive, any comments are there to learn from. Even if one doesn't entirely agree, perspective from others is helpful...

Great news, Tom. You should do well...

I agree with what you say too. If anyone regrets entering I would question their motivation behind submitting an aquascape. To purely win a prize!? Not me, that's for sure.

Good job, really!

I came 775 in the ADA contest. Do I regret entering? Hell no! :D

Back