• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2008

planter

Hi All,

Just a heads up to let you all know the AGA international Aquascaping contest is now open for entries. Closing date for entries is Sept 15th.

Details and entry form can be found here -

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2008.cgi

Between us we must have a good few scapes worthy of entry this year, I will certainly be doing my bit! :D

Question is - Can I turn out another worthy scape in under 8 weeks ? :D

Anybody entering?

I subscribed to their magazine and will be entering my tank, has George said even if its not worthy of winning the competition at least it will be another UK entry ;)

I'm having a go, i think you can enter 3 scapes? hmmm, what to do.....

I'll enter "route to wilderness" plus my new "Freescape" (yet to be published) and i have a 30cm cube on the way so that could be all 3. Either way, i'll enter something since you get some good feed back from the judges.

Sweet.....my rescaped 90cm can go in, it should be looking tip top by then too.

Have they sorted out applying on line yet? Last time I enterd I had to take a photo of a sighned contract. Crazy.

Graeme Edwards said:
Sweet.....my rescaped 90cm can go in, it should be looking tip top by then too.

Have they sorted out applying on line yet? Last time I enterd I had to take a photo of a sighned contract. Crazy.

Enter and submit pics online ! .... seems you can edit your entry to your hearts content before you finaly submit.

Dan Crawford said:
I'm having a go, i think you can enter 3 scapes? hmmm, what to do.....

I'll enter "route to wilderness" plus my new "Freescape" (yet to be published) and i have a 30cm cube on the way so that could be all 3. Either way, i'll enter something since you get some good feed back from the judges.

You could always enter George's little mountain one, he he. ;)

can i enter a scpae even if i am chaning the fauna in there next week.
would love to enter the 5*3*2

Closing date is Sept 15th. So you can enter on the 14th Sept if you need to.

Or you can enter any old 'scape you like.

I entered a scape from early 2005 in last year's contest.

Three entries max. $5 per entry (£2.50).

Don't be shy.

Let's show the world that the UK can aquascape.

I can think of a least ten 'scapes from here that are worthy (not my own).

I believe they ask for the name of the aquascaper, and the photographer. In many people's cases this is the same person, but some people have pro photographers do the honours. That shot of George's tank was probably taken by Neil and used in PFK, so he had to get the credit for the photo.

It's probably a legal thing about publishing photos.

Tom

Tom said:
I believe they ask for the name of the aquascaper, and the photographer. In many people's cases this is the same person, but some people have pro photographers do the honours. That shot of George's tank was probably taken by Neil and used in PFK, so he had to get the credit for the photo.

It's probably a legal thing about publishing photos.

Tom

Cheers Tom,

I understand why Neil Hepworth's name is on it, I was more interested to know if adding the 'Practical fishkeeping' bit was allowed?

planter said:
Cheers George,

You probobly guess where im going with this ... it would be cool if my entries could have 'My name (My company)' printed on them! ;)

Not sure about that, to be honest. I don't know how the AGA feel about advertising, but I know you can submit your website as part of the entry detail.

I had to put 'PFK' because the photo submitted belonged the them.

Back