• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Air pump positioning

nigel bentley

Hi all,

Really not sure if if my air pump is in the optimum position. As in the picture it is on the right hand side towards the front. Co2 diffuser is on right of back wall. Spray bars along back wall. Plants are doing quite well, but co2 checker but be better in my opinion. Any feedback would be gratefully received. Thank you. Nigel

Attachments

• DSC_0580.JPG
    DSC_0580.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 194
Is the air pump intended for surface agitation? Do you really need it? You could opt to only turn it on after lights off, meaning you will lose less CO2 that way.

Hi, no the circulation pump is purely to circulate water and co2.it doesn't influence agitation due to the height of pump. Surface agitation due to positioning of spray bars. I like the agitation because I have fish..As I say plants are growing quite well. Just not sure if circulation pumpshould be closer to back wall and maybe lower. Think drop checker should be a lighter green. Bubble counter is so fast I cannot count bubbles. Co2 comes on five hours before lights on
Just not convinced distribution is not as good as it could be

Back