• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Airlock in Rena XP4?

Tom

I think I must have an airlock in my XP4, as it is being very loud. Trouble is, if it is an airlock, I can't seem to get it out. I've tried shaking and tipping to filter to try and force it out the pipes, and pouring water into it using a funnel so it runs straight through the filter.

It's really annoying me now as it's in my bedroom and it's too loud at night. Any tips on quietening it down a bit/clearing the air from it?

Cheers,

Tom

i get the same probs with my xp 2. i fill mine through the filter inlet hole without taking klid off. do it outside and shake off the excess. connect leave for 2/3 minutes(acording to instruction) switch on. with lilly pipes you cant prime the damn thing. i think this is where the problem lies.

Whenever my Eheim gets air trapped I switch it off, connect a syphon tube to the outlet in the tank, and suck it out. You waste a bit of water but it always works.

Back