Akwarium's Gallery

akwarium

The old Dario Ditch is no more, since January the tank has been replaced by a 51 x 35 x 40 cm tank custom made by Green-Aqua. I never made the time to start a thread about it...:sorry:

2020-03-13_20-24-13_652.jpg

last weekend I used the old tank to make a new one. it is 50 x 31 x 12 cm, not perfect, but it holds water....

2020-04-27_00-26-58_337.jpg

a third project is on its way, but I'll keep that a secret for now.

akwarium

an update on the 70 liter,
2020-05-03_20-10-07_278.jpg

I've been away for a week and the tank definitely needs a good clean and trim. I upgraded the lightning recently and that gives a bid of algae.
Besides that I'm not happy with the left side planting wise. the lilly has to go. but i'm not sure what should replace it. any suggestions?

Diogo Sousa

Lily looks lovely imo, what variety is it? I agree it doesn't look right where it is, maybe move it to the center midground? Or you just don't like it?
If that's the case then send it my way ;)

akwarium

Lily looks lovely imo, what variety is it? I agree it doesn't look right where it is, maybe move it to the center midground? Or you just don't like it?
If that's the case then send it my way ;)
it is sold as Nymphaea stellata, which should be a synonym for Nymphaea nouchalli. It is a nice plant, but I feel the leaves grow to big for this scape, also the color is a became a bit distracting after I removed the other pinkish plants... I love the look of floating lily pads, but it is nog producing much of those and continuous new shoots with submerged foliage are formed.

alto

it is sold as Nymphaea stellata, which should be a synonym for Nymphaea nouchalli. It is a nice plant, but I feel the leaves grow to big for this scape, also the color is a became a bit distracting after I removed the other pinkish plants... I love the look of floating lily pads, but it is nog producing much of those and continuous new shoots with submerged foliage are formed.
Given time it will form floating leafs again, then will transition away from submerse leaf production

akwarium

I removed the plant yesterday, it had its time.
it did develop floating leaves but did not stop producing new submerse leafs. I think the tank look much better without it.