• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Akwarium's Gallery

akwarium

The old Dario Ditch is no more, since January the tank has been replaced by a 51 x 35 x 40 cm tank custom made by Green-Aqua. I never made the time to start a thread about it...:sorry:

2020-03-13_20-24-13_652.jpg

last weekend I used the old tank to make a new one. it is 50 x 31 x 12 cm, not perfect, but it holds water....

2020-04-27_00-26-58_337.jpg

a third project is on its way, but I'll keep that a secret for now.

an update on the 70 liter,
2020-05-03_20-10-07_278.jpg

I've been away for a week and the tank definitely needs a good clean and trim. I upgraded the lightning recently and that gives a bid of algae.
Besides that I'm not happy with the left side planting wise. the lilly has to go. but i'm not sure what should replace it. any suggestions?

Lily looks lovely imo, what variety is it? I agree it doesn't look right where it is, maybe move it to the center midground? Or you just don't like it?
If that's the case then send it my way ;)

Lily looks lovely imo, what variety is it? I agree it doesn't look right where it is, maybe move it to the center midground? Or you just don't like it?
If that's the case then send it my way ;)
it is sold as Nymphaea stellata, which should be a synonym for Nymphaea nouchalli. It is a nice plant, but I feel the leaves grow to big for this scape, also the color is a became a bit distracting after I removed the other pinkish plants... I love the look of floating lily pads, but it is nog producing much of those and continuous new shoots with submerged foliage are formed.

it is sold as Nymphaea stellata, which should be a synonym for Nymphaea nouchalli. It is a nice plant, but I feel the leaves grow to big for this scape, also the color is a became a bit distracting after I removed the other pinkish plants... I love the look of floating lily pads, but it is nog producing much of those and continuous new shoots with submerged foliage are formed.
Given time it will form floating leafs again, then will transition away from submerse leaf production

I removed the plant yesterday, it had its time.
it did develop floating leaves but did not stop producing new submerse leafs. I think the tank look much better without it.

yes it is spacer fabric. Hygrolon is a brand name more known in the orchid and dart frog community, but it is the same material ( at a higher price point)
like most things in the hobby some one found a clever use for an already existing product. it works great in wicking water to keep mosses and other (aquatic) plants above the waterline wet/moist.

I just figured that if dooa terra tape can keep plants moist enough, an similar solution should also work for the wall part.

Made a light, and stuffed the wall with some hardscape in a 45 cm tank.
kYyrhIv.jpg

the wet sand sticks all over so it is a bit messy. :crazy::crazy: beneath the sand is a DIY UGF, driven by a small pump hidden by the wood and rocks. it is only going to house a betta and plantwise only epifytes so no need for soil or a big filtration system.

Subbed - I've been intrigued about doing this for a future project, so keen to see how you get on. how do you plan to plant the moss wall - with fresh mosses, or use the pack's of dried stuff you wet and paste on?

Subbed - I've been intrigued about doing this for a future project, so keen to see how you get on. how do you plan to plant the moss wall - with fresh mosses, or use the pack's of dried stuff you wet and paste on?
I think i just push small pieces of different aquarium mosses into the small holes of the fabric.

at the local gardencentre I found Blechnum gibbum "silver lady" ADA uses this in many of there emersed jungle type tanks so I was really happy to find it. But is was a pain to split it up in individual ferns, the good thing is I have 8 extra ones if the ones I tied to the wood wont make it.
XdwMVT4.jpg

the nepenthes was me unable to control myself. It looks not to bad now, but probably will get to big....

in the water are cuttings of bolbitis heudelotti, and java ferns (trident and short needle leaf) on the wall I experimented with some moss and added another fern (actiniopteris I think) and the epipremnum ADA calls Philodendron sp papua new guinea.

Last edited:
6BYjLhw.jpg

it is nearly impossible to get a decent picture, reflections are horrible. but it gives an idea.
The tank itself does have more plants then you can see, mostly because it is so dark you can't really see them, but I also did trim all the leaves of the Bolbitis and javaferns. hopefully new growth will be nice and small. In the back right corner there is some Hygrophila corymbosa "siamensis 53B" there are some small anubias and buces on the lava stones. I also want to add some crypts in front of the wood.

rrvnTtc.jpg

The DIY UGF feeds the mist and drip pipe on the wall. I still have to glue some parts and paint it somehow. But I wanted to be sure that it works.
filtration is obviously very limited (flow wise) but it should be enough for a single Betta. As a whole it does a decent job keeping the wall wet.
yGxEdGl.jpg

kFbCTsM.jpg

Mediocalcar decoratum

23emKcB.jpg

Bulbophyllum fascinator

6qX9tbI.jpg

Epidendrum peperomia

Back