• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae ID request

Steve42

Am I right in thinking that my Algae is BBA?

Whenever I scrub the leaves or wood, it keeps coming back. Should I try Excel and spot dose with syringe?

Man
DSC_0856.JPG
y Thanks

DSC_0854.JPG

I managed to clear up my long fight with BBA with phosphate remover, initial and daily Seachem Excel dosing, upping Co2 to drop checker nearly yellow but really observe make sure your fish are okay and making sure to do a weekly 45% water change but using a smaller siphon to really get all the detritus out of the plants and gaps also upping ferts . Also siamese algae eaters do a good job of clearing up but not solving the issue... lastly my surface agitation was a tad high which was gassing off a lot of Co2 and wasting my fire extinguisher lol but still need a good flow a fine balance is needed trial and error.

Also just be very careful dosing excel can be lethal if overdosed... and I had an issue with over feeding my fish lol

Final thing... scrubbing makes it worse as the algae settles in more places in the tank... once you have starved it of phosphate or what excess you have in your tank along with excel which active ingredient glutaraldehyde helps kill it off... mine then went bright red then white and just slowly dissolved

final final thing... your vallisneria may melt be sure to check ur plants are okay with glutaraldehyde.. i found my pearl grass melted back but new leaves regrew

Back