• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae images required

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Does anyone have any decent photos of algae - close-ups or tanks riddled with it, please?

In particular I'd like BGA and BBA. A 'nice' aquascape with obvious algae would be great too.

Post 800 x 500ish pixel shots on here and I'll PM you if I can use them.

The originals need to be high quality jpegs, preferbly over 2000x1500 pixels or so, but will consider smaller images.

If your images are featured I will send you a copy of the PFK that they'll be used in and you'll be credited with the photo(s).

We'll be credited, but will we retain copyright, George?

And will the images be abused once submitted? ie, used again and again by PFK without notice?

I've a small amount of Cladophora I think... could try and get some pics of it later.

JamesM said:
We'll be credited, but will we retain copyright, George?
Yes.

And will the images be abused once submitted? ie, used again and again by PFK without notice?
No, they won't be 'abused', or used again without notice.

I've a small amount of Cladophora I think... could try and get some pics of it later
Thanks. That would be appreciated, if you did.

johnny70 said:
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=745 few closeup's of BBA here

I have the original somewhere if you can you them :D

JOHNNY
Nice piccies. For info they are more staghorn than BBA

George, I'd like to help but all the photo's on my website are copyright and I don't have any as I never get algae :lol:

James

Thanks for all the replies.

I have induced most forms of algae myself in my 60cm over the last week so I'll be using that for photos before I do the stripdown.

Amazing what double lighting, no CO2 or other nutrients can do over a few days... It proves a few points for my next article too.

I am still very interested in BBA (black beard/brush algae) shots though, please. Deadline is Sun 15th Feb.

Hi George,

How about the very rare "my flatmate was left in charge of feeding the fish for two weeks while i was at a music festival in Serbia" algae?

2007_07180001.jpg

2007_07180002.jpg

:D

Best Regards,

John

Back