• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae in floaters roots

castle

0C1368C0-CBA4-43F2-B44A-EB3A7781B15A.jpeg

4E736284-2D9F-4B8B-995D-FEA634F8B830.jpeg

I am getting algae in my floater roots, i would like this to stop.

I dose around 3ml of tnc complete a week, lighting at 30%, and duration of 8 hours. Some Leaves are pale, so I did doss a little more ferts last week as I figured they were being starved. No sign that the under water plants are suffering, but they are getting thread algae too.

what can I do?

Thanks all, maybe it’s time to start playing with powders.

I dose around 3ml of tnc complete a week
Hi

i use tnc complete and dose 2x or 3x the recommended dosage. 3ml a week seems very low imo. Also 30% light intensity seems low with the floaters also shading this, this could be affecting the plants below? Assume this is an established, non co2 tank?

Hi all,

I think it is largely a plant health issue. If you look at the new leaves on the Frogbit they are very pale, which means you need to add some plant available iron (Fe).

Have a look at <"Duckweed Index says ">.

cheers Darrel
Having read that thread, I’ll just start playing with dosing.

Hi

i use tnc complete and dose 2x or 3x the recommended dosage. 3ml a week seems very low imo. Also 30% light intensity seems low with the floaters also shading this, this could be affecting the plants below? Assume this is an established, non co2 tank?
All low tech, crypts and vallis. I have a journal somewhere 👍

I did only start this tank a few weeks ago, using established plants/substrate/filters etc.

I always have a bit of algae in the roots of my floaters, but the shrimp love grazing on it. I also imagine they really enjoy occasionally getting scooted across the tank when a plant gets too near the filter. Weeeeeeee!

I had a issue with mine growing algue even had some blue green algue which later discovered I wasn't algue but some kind of bacteria growing which really want good but I still keep getting bba growing all around one tank shrimp don't seem to touch it but they eat it all in my other tank makes no sense

Back