Algae Magnet

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by bigbruce, 16 Mar 2008.

1. bigbruce

bigbruce Newly Registered

Anybody know of a magnetic algae scrapper that the rough bit (the bit inside the tank) is quite thin, maybe an inch thick?
    The one i've got is too thick and is quite bulky to be getting between plants and wood ect.

sorry, my first post Hello Everybody!!

2. bugs

bugs Member

Hi. Welcome.

About 10 years ago it was possible to buy sensible sized magentic cleaners rather than the huge things they sell these days. The last place I recall seeing them (within the last few months (I think they have very slow stockturn!)) is a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.

3. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Try the cheap little non-floating ones that can still be picked up. The floating ones are larger to carry the buoyancy they need to float.

4. Arana

Arana Member

Really!! how did i miss that i often drive down Victoria St :oops: I'll have to look out for it and popin next time :)

5. Joecoral

Joecoral Member

we sell thin non-floating ones in the LFS I work at. They're called Algen Magneet, i forget the company name

6. bugs

bugs Member

I wouldn't get too excited...

7. lstratton

lstratton Member

It isn't victoria street, it is on Vauxhall Bridge Road and they are planning on moving to High Street Kensington in the next couple of months. It is a lovely little shop and the only place that I can find my South American Pufferfish, a little run down, but hopefully they'll smarten up with the move

8. bugs

bugs Member

Doh - yes, Vauxhall Bridge Road.

9. bigbruce

bigbruce Newly Registered

Thanks for that went to Tachbrook tropicals today and picked up magnet of favorable size.
    Funny shop, an antique shop with fish!!!