Algae Magnet

bigbruce

New Member
Joined
23 Feb 2008
Messages
11
Anybody know of a magnetic algae scrapper that the rough bit (the bit inside the tank) is quite thin, maybe an inch thick?
The one i've got is too thick and is quite bulky to be getting between plants and wood ect.

sorry, my first post Hello Everybody!!
 

bugs

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2007
Messages
365
Hi. Welcome.

About 10 years ago it was possible to buy sensible sized magentic cleaners rather than the huge things they sell these days. The last place I recall seeing them (within the last few months (I think they have very slow stockturn!)) is a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
Try the cheap little non-floating ones that can still be picked up. The floating ones are larger to carry the buoyancy they need to float.
 

Arana

Member
Joined
12 Oct 2007
Messages
1,305
Location
London
bugs said:
a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.
Really!! how did i miss that i often drive down Victoria St :oops: I'll have to look out for it and popin next time :)
 

bugs

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2007
Messages
365
Arana said:
bugs said:
a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.
Really!! how did i miss that i often drive down Victoria St :oops: I'll have to look out for it and popin next time :)
I wouldn't get too excited...
 

lstratton

Member
Joined
28 Jan 2008
Messages
101
Location
London
It isn't victoria street, it is on Vauxhall Bridge Road and they are planning on moving to High Street Kensington in the next couple of months. It is a lovely little shop and the only place that I can find my South American Pufferfish, a little run down, but hopefully they'll smarten up with the move
 

bugs

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2007
Messages
365
lstratton said:
It isn't victoria street, it is on Vauxhall Bridge Road and they are planning on moving to High Street Kensington in the next couple of months. It is a lovely little shop and the only place that I can find my South American Pufferfish, a little run down, but hopefully they'll smarten up with the move
Doh - yes, Vauxhall Bridge Road.
 

bigbruce

New Member
Joined
23 Feb 2008
Messages
11
Thanks for that went to Tachbrook tropicals today and picked up magnet of favorable size.
Funny shop, an antique shop with fish!!!
 
Top