• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae Magnet

bigbruce

Seedling
Anybody know of a magnetic algae scrapper that the rough bit (the bit inside the tank) is quite thin, maybe an inch thick?
The one i've got is too thick and is quite bulky to be getting between plants and wood ect.

sorry, my first post Hello Everybody!!

Hi. Welcome.

About 10 years ago it was possible to buy sensible sized magentic cleaners rather than the huge things they sell these days. The last place I recall seeing them (within the last few months (I think they have very slow stockturn!)) is a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.

Try the cheap little non-floating ones that can still be picked up. The floating ones are larger to carry the buoyancy they need to float.

Arana said:
bugs said:
a shop called Tachbrook Tropicals in Victoria St, Westminster, London.

Really!! how did i miss that i often drive down Victoria St :oops: I'll have to look out for it and popin next time :)

I wouldn't get too excited...

It isn't victoria street, it is on Vauxhall Bridge Road and they are planning on moving to High Street Kensington in the next couple of months. It is a lovely little shop and the only place that I can find my South American Pufferfish, a little run down, but hopefully they'll smarten up with the move

lstratton said:
It isn't victoria street, it is on Vauxhall Bridge Road and they are planning on moving to High Street Kensington in the next couple of months. It is a lovely little shop and the only place that I can find my South American Pufferfish, a little run down, but hopefully they'll smarten up with the move

Doh - yes, Vauxhall Bridge Road.

Thanks for that went to Tachbrook tropicals today and picked up magnet of favorable size.
Funny shop, an antique shop with fish!!!

Back