• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algea id, root of cause and how to deal

H..

240 liter optiwhite with CO2 and 108w flourucent lightning

Doing a ton of waterchanges, and now got rid of the big root, and thinking thjis was the issue.

But no!
I would not say the growth is good, but plants do bubbel at evenings, and some new leafs comes out. But after some week the algea covers solid surfaces, and needs to be bruched off.

After at least ten big waterchanges the past ten weeks this algea slowly covers any surface.

Dry ferts:
KNO3----1ml, 4ppm
KH2PO4---- 1/5ml, 0,5ppm
K2So4---- 2ml, 12-15ppm
Fe 0,1 ppm
I have tryed even H2O2 with no effect.

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

Anyone disagree on that it is FUZZ algea?

H

Thanks Darrel for replying.

Thats good to hear, now I know where to put efforts. But no snails are coming in to my tanks, I consider them as bad as algea.
Bute some 20 amanos is to be hiered soon.

Cheers
H

I just got some plants from a forum user here and they contained a hitchhiker snail. It’s pretty small at the moment but after 3 years of bleaching my plants before adding to my scape I figured snails could be a great addition to a planted tank so I didn’t bother this time. Iv decided not to view them as pests but incorporate them into the eco system. I feed very little anyway and when I do the filter goes off and hardly any hits the bottom so this should restrict numbers. The shrimp take care of themselves.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Back