• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All change again....

Azaezl

Well I think I goofed it again :lol: I spent all afternoon pruning and pulling and rearranging my 35 gallon tank and I'm very disappointed with the results, I need to do it again(as well as get some foreground plants) but I was slightly pushed for time, or should that just be pushed(my toddler was trying to climb on me for a piggy back ride)

Before;
after35G.jpg

After;
35gredone.jpg

I'm really pleased with the 18 gallon tank though and the corys and shrimp are loving all the new plants too, although the shrimp aren't too happy today as I added some tropica + but they seem to be getting over it now.

18gnow.jpg

You should be pleased with the 35G it looks really nice and a vast improvement.
If you moved the little swords and that crypt in the foreground back towards the rest of the plants then i would just leave an open foreground and job done, a nice Dutch style scape. Nice work. ;)

Thanks guys :D I'm still not 100% happy with it but don't dislike it as much as I did yesterday. The corys have benefited from the change, some of the gold ones are quite big, stocky and clumsy, ocassionally they would knock things over trying to squeeze past them so I had to take that into account when planting, esp. around the sides, I had alot of vallis around the sides before and the big fellas had trouble getting past.

Azaezl said:
Thanks guys :D I'm still not 100% happy with it but don't dislike it as much as I did yesterday.
I know what you mean, sometimes I look at my own tank and I criticise everything about it, then I look at it the next day (having not changed anything), and suddenly it''s looking pretty good, and then the next day it's crap again, and so on and so on.........stick with it , we'll all be experts one day ;)

Back