• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape All critique is welcome

Mrwim94

Seedling
Hey guys,

In the images below is our current tank look.
We would like to improve the look because currently we are not that pleased with the looks of it.
Could you guys give some critique or tips on what we should change?
All answers are appreciated.

Kind regards,

Willem

Attachments

• IMG-0606.JPG
    IMG-0606.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 392
  • IMG-0607.JPG
    IMG-0607.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 320
The main question is what do you want it to look like?

Have you got a scape you want it to look like?

What’s the substrate? Are you happy to change it?

Are you using co2?

I think you could do with some more rocks, especially around the base of the wood. Try to find ones with interesting texture and make sure all the rocks in the aquarium are similar. A deeper substrate at the back would give a sense of depth.

Thanks for the advice. We are surely willing to change. However, when we look at the current scape we feel like there is something off. At the moment we try to arrange the current plants, wood and rocks without bringing in new stuff. We have some more stones to add in the basement. How could we arrange the scape with the current stuff to make it look more natural?

Kind regards,

Willem

I would think about the rule of thirds and in particular position the wood so the focal point it is one third of the way across the tank to start with. Once the hardscape is positioned then you can think about the planting...

Back