• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

all my aquascapes of the past 3 years plus a few fish pics

James Flexton

Hi There, i thought it would be interesting to post my tanks progressions from scape to scape over the 3years or so i've been into fishkeeping. it's been an interesting journey i have to say. the first pictures are the first setup and last will be the most recent. please excuse the early camera phone images! Shocking!

First tank - Juwel Rekord 60

picture26.jpg

picture88.jpg

P1010008.jpg

smaller tools springs to mind..lol
P1010074.jpg

P1010033.jpg

i had lots of riccia going spare... :rolleyes:
IMAG0087.jpg

rekord601.jpg

c7.jpg

rek605wpg.jpg

pfk15.jpg

Rio180

picture29.jpg

P1010034.jpg

40Gmarch05.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

40G01.jpg

Sig16.jpg

40g7dec05.jpg

hh3.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

50G Cube 2x2x2 (sold a while back)

50G.jpg

50g02.jpg

i5.jpg
ankview1.jpg

[/IMG]
i3.jpg

i3.jpg

i must say i've enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Thanks mate, TBH george farmer had quite a few PM's and his very helpfull replies got me up to speed very quickly. i just put total trust in him and did as he advised.

i think the fact that i had no previous fishkeeping background helped as i had no existing "old school knowledge" to overwrite as it were. so there was no hesitation in following his advice.

i haven's seen my tanks in this timeline format before it is quite interesting isn't it.

I am literally green with envy, but you do provide me with hope! The progression over 3 years is impressive indeed.

Do you always get dressed up to plant and prune Jimboo?

Nice progression by the way. Hope my forthcoming 'second' scape moves onward like yours seem to have.

Andy

thanks guys, one of the things that helped is my annoying habit of changing layouts every 6 months or so. when you give yourself the chance to "start again" there are things you do the next time that you hadn't thought of before. you can evolve your aquascape into something more suited to your more mature plants. take a look at the java fern in the 180. in the early pics you can see a couple of bogwood sticks with a few plantlets attached. look for them in the following pics and you will see how they have grown. apart from georges fern in the glosso layout and thereafter all the other ferns were grown from tiny plantlets.

having 3 tanks to play with helped as well, i always had one of them that was due a makeover so i wasn't short of opportunities to try new things.

oh crap i didn't think of that seeing as i know you love it and are judging the competition. I probably would have had an unfair advantage though in that situation and i like to play fair so not to worry.

not to give the game away and i know you wouldn't but has the winner been decided yet? i assume it's in the next issue.

TBH that was the eastiest layout to date, no hassle setting it up and very little maintenance apart from the off prune and new sand every 2 months. it's still going strong now in my office minus the wood which kind of fell apart.

Sometimes the best 'scapes are the simplest. Less is more...

I've chosen the winners, yes. It wasn't easy.

Look out on the PFK website blog for a small feature soon.

The winners will be announced in the next issue, out on Oct 3rd.

George Farmer said:
Nice thread, James.

Great transition.

I still love that 60 litre with the open sand. Your best so far I think. You should have entered that into the PFK contest. Ha ha.

Just trawling threads at work - ;))

Have to agree with George here, its the harmony you have created there with the sand, fern and halequins that is so appealing and so simple. Good contrasts all over without going OTT. Like that tank a lot!

Having said that all the others are nice too.....

stunning! I love the cube, wish I could find the space for one... And the money!

Hi are you still running any of these tanks. I particularly liked the cube in its final picture. I notice alot of people get itchy and change scapes quite often, which is fine and you get a lot of learning out of it. I tend to like to keep mine for longer although 2-3 yrs has been max before I seem to upgrade the whole system. In both ways you get evolution, living things rarely stay the same.

Back