• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

creg

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... lours.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

complete aps setup finally arrived today. gonna keep it low tech/low maintenance hopefully, im still a noob so dont expect anything amazing :) .

substrate - flourite dark and normal, unipac senegal sand
hardscape - dragon stone and redmoor root
lighting - 1 x 39w t5
filter - aps 1400 lph + jbl e700
co2 and ferts - aqua essentials aqua carbon + aqua nourish (recommended dose on bottle)
Plants
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Cryptocoryne wendtii brown
Cryptocoryne bullosa
Cryptocoryne walkeri
Cryptocoryne petchii
Cryptocoryne costata
Cryptocoryne legroi
Cryptocoryne moehlmannii
Microsorium pteropus
eleocharis accularis and parvula
amazon frogbit

21mcm7k.jpg

Re: All Pond Solutions 250L Tank

So whats your opinion on the tank so far. Value for money?

Looking good! What's your carpeting plant going to be, E Tennelus?

Do you know if the tanks are sold separately?

cheebs said:
So whats your opinion on the tank so far. Value for money?

for how much i paid im very happy (was only £360 with a discount code)

obviously not the quality of better known expensive brands but it looks great imo. the tank itself weighed an absolute ton, we really struggled getting it upstairs :lol:

Morgan Freeman said:
Looking good! What's your carpeting plant going to be, E Tennelus?

Do you know if the tanks are sold separately?

i was thinking marsilea hirsuta or eleocharis parvula. i thought e.tennelus was high tech only?

from what ive seen on their website they come as a complete package only.

Hi I have grown E Tennelus very successfully in a soil substrate tank, in moss peat capped with sand. In fact it did so well I was constantly giving it away.

Troi said:
Hi I have grown E Tennelus very successfully in a soil substrate tank, in moss peat capped with sand. In fact it did so well I was constantly giving it away.

hi troi, did you use high light or co2 injection though?

i really do like it but read on here http://www.tropica.com/plants/plantdesc ... px?pid=067 "A true "lawn'' effect is only achieved at high light intensities"

is a great looking, up to date tank.

redmoor and dragon stone added

15f38nr.jpg

going to a few lfs`s tommorow so hopefully theyll have most the plants im after. going to try maidenhead aquatics shirley they seem a popular shop.

Hi no I didn't, it was more than 30 years ago, when co2 was still in its infancy, when I guess a few Dutch guys were using cobbled together soda siphon cylinders in Heath Robinson style gizmo's. As for lighting, it was probably about 2 watts per gallon of T12 - 2 tubes, one white daylight type and another pink grolux type. The key is the high CEC of peat and the CO2 naturally given off as a by-product of decomposition.

Oh and no added ferts either just plenty of fish.

Troi said:

Hi no I didn't, it was more than 30 years ago, when co2 was still in its infancy, when I guess a few Dutch guys were using cobbled together soda siphon cylinders in Heath Robinson style gizmo's. As for lighting, it was probably about 2 watts per gallon of T12 - 2 tubes, one white daylight type and another pink grolux type. The key is the high CEC of peat and the CO2 naturally given off as a by-product of decomposition.

Oh and no added ferts either just plenty of fish.

thankyou for the info. i will definately consider getting some e.tennelus now :thumbup:

That looks like a really nice piece of kit mate? Reasonable price too if it includes the cabinet. Does it come with the luminaire and supports also? Hmmmmm You`ve got me thinking? :lol: :lol:

it is a complete package. From all pond solutions. I want one!

Thats a flipping good deal !!! Its the same as what I paid for my AQ1 Aquience and mine is 20cm shorter, came with less lighting ... BUT I still love my tank, it fits well in its allocated space. I would definitely look at one of these when I have more space though !!!

Alastair said:
Tank looks great mate. I really like it and looks a bit more expensive than what you paid. The spray bar needs to be rad longer though ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thankyou

ive got more spray bar pipes and a koralia powerhead for extra circulation :)

Ordered the plants from aquaessentials last thursday and chose parcelforce 24 hour delivery hoping id recieve them either friday or saturday morning, unfortunately they didnt arrive till monday and they didnt look great. I was pretty ill at the time so my initial plans went out the window and i basically just chucked em all in randomly :lol: probably didnt separate the crypts well enough and most were left with too much rock wool left on but i did my best.

25qsoih.jpg

8ye4it.jpg

29590lk.jpg

Plant list
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Cryptocoryne wendtii brown
Cryptocoryne bullosa
Cryptocoryne walkeri
Cryptocoryne petchii
Cryptocoryne costata
Cryptocoryne legroi
Cryptocoryne moehlmannii

Microsorium pteropus
Marsilea crenata

Nice, i like that. Have you contacted them about the delivery? If you had to pay more money for that service then i would be asking questions.

The scape is really coming along now. For some reason i would have had it on the other side though... lol.

now i know where all the crypts went! Out of stock out of stock out of stock ;)

Back