• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All Pond Solutions EF-150 hoses and Stainless Steel Lily Pipes

Monkfish

I am looking at setting up my replacement tank and think i'm going to get a 91L cube.

Looking at a filter for it i think the All Pond Solutions EF-150 would be enough for it, worried about the flow being too fast on anything bigger. I would like to use stainless steel lily pipes this time so make the tank look that bit more finished.

My Q is about the hose sizes. The EF-150 seems to have hoses 16mm outside, 11mm inside where as all the stainless steel pipes i can find are 12mm, will the 1mm difference be a problem? These are the stainless pipes on eBay: https://bit.ly/2YKcVsc

The next filter up by APS has 15mm internal diameter pipes and the stainless pipes nearest to this one are 16mm.

Trying to keep costs down so why I am looking at APS, plus i have used the externals before and liked them.

Inside diameter is all you need worry about with this kind of thing.
if the stainless steel was the same size as your hose then it wouldn't have to stretch to fit which could cause a problem but as the pipe is 1mm bigger this sounds ideal.
I'm sure you will have to heat the hose and stainless steel up to get it to stretch over and the same again to remove it; a hot running tap should do this.

Yeah thought I'd have to heat and hope to get the pipes on. The APS pipes seem to be 1mm smaller than all lily pipes I can find which is annoying.

They will fit just be tight getting them on and off which wont be such an issue with stainless steel with glass there is a risk of smashing as long as you warm the hose it will push on
Cheers
Jay

Haha I have broke loads of them but stainless steel you will be fine with it being 1ml smaller
Cheers
Jay

Back