• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All Pond Solutions External filter 2000litres "new and improved version"

I've got one on my Rio 240. I bought it earlier this year and it was very noisy. APS were ok to start with and sent a new impeller but when that didn't solve the problem they started giving me the runaround.
I suspected the head unit but they told me it was trapped air or kinked pipes etc. Eventually they sent a replacement head unit after I threatened to return the whole lot and now all is good.
It's quiet, it's powerful and it's cheap, shame about the customer service though.

I have got two of the original APS 2000exs and they have been ok for several years but considering another and wondered about the updated version. Thanks for your info something to consider. Glad you sorted your issue out seems their customer service let them down .Welcome to UKAPS

It's hard to say for me I have multiple APS filters. The 1000ltph and 2000ltph and they are both spot on. But I've had the smaller style filters and no end of issues. But I might have just pulled the short straw on them other units.
But I always put a bucket underneath them just incase because they can be common to leak.

Only every had the 2000 but found you have got to be careful when re_alineing the head after maintenance easy to get it slightly out and the clips leak

I ran the newer versions for a couple of years without any issues. Find them absolutely perfect but the flow rate isn't quite what you'd expect... Although still more than most of the competition.

Finest filters sell the same models for a bit less (they're all rebranded Sunsun filters) but the one look out for is the 3000 model that APS don't sell - Adjustable flow rate, much lower power consumption and a timer on the UV.

They also do a copy of the FX6 which I've heard actually has a higher flow rate than the Fluval!

Adjustable flow rate that a good extra with a external. Thanks for the information

Back