• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alpine Gardens

Beautiful, its amazing the contrast a background colour can make :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

White background, from below.

cjfBSSk.jpg

In situ.

jKLBydj.jpg

Thomas

What's his name...lonely:( ...hasn't he got any mates? Johnny Rasbora no-mates - Rasbora tax is a bitch...Awesome scape by the way:D....

Beatiful scape. Especially love how great it's looking in situ.
May I suggest you improve left back corner: allow plants to grow some more, a bit taller than ammania bonsai.
About fish: look at Pedro's lateset work Green&grey - he had a big school of ember tetra there, lovely small crazy fish.

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks all.

Tim, pygmies are nice, but would like a bit more color.

Ali, yeah I love to be able to change the backgrounds, like them both because they do two very different things to the scape, but guess I lean towards the black for the powerful contrast.

Troi, Johnny Rasbora clearly suffers from survivor's guilt! Poor fella.

Alexander, your point is interesting, but my idea has always been to keep the corner plants lower than the surface, but maybe you are right that there is an unbalance. Really appreciate the feedback, thanks a lot, will look into it.

Thomas

I think they will try and escape "over the top".

Thanks, Darrel, this is definitely not the kind of competence I am looking for in this "job". Would explain why they are not so common in open top. I am pretty sure, though, that The Green Machine used them in their tributary tank. Perhaps ember tetras are a better choice.

My first choice is Danio margaritatus, but they seem to be very rarely available these days...

Thomas

Lamp-eyes are known to be very good jumpers. I won't put it to open tank, unless you have water 2-3 cm or more below the top of tank.

The Gertrude's Rainbowfish I have are lovely little fish, none have jumped in my tank, although it does have a lid after lights out. I had them posted to me from Kesgrave's ebay shop. You need a minimum of six really.

Green neons would look ace in there, and they don't jump.

That is a great suggestion, Ian. Thanks. They have the right size, look good, and if on top of that they don't jump, they are perfect. I think these are P. simulans, right? In Denmark, if I am correct, they are popularly called blue neon.

Thomas

Will be getting some Ranunculus inundatus for this tomorrow. Where is there room for it, you are asking? Well, I will need to make some :).

Do any of you have experience growing this? It seems the challenge, at least for this scape, will be to keep it low and creeping.

Green neons are out (see above) as they are nowhere to be found around here. So Johnny is still alone.

Thomas

Some updates. One full shot before pruning (or rather before pruning the Ammania/Rotala; everything else was pruned some days ago). The others: close up of my beloved Ammania "bonsai"/Rotala indica and Gladiota viscidula beginning to grow after a major initial prune. Lovely plant. I think I am about a month from having the scape as I would like it and ready for final photographs.

rY5fREu.jpg

lH89A1w.jpg

Pi3xwvr.jpg

Back