• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alpine Gardens

H2O2, standard drug store 3%. Use not more than 1-2 mls per gallon(3.785 liters).
You can use it once every 2-3 hours without any issues. You can see it bubbling(working) right away.
Do not overdose: dead fish etc. Otherwise, it's pretty safe.
You can also use a 1-2 punch and add H2O2 then a few minutes later, the Excel.
Then pester with the tooth brush.

You do this before the water change, with filters off etc, no current.
Wait 5 min, then drain and refill the tank. Done 1-2x a week, that should clean things up pretty good.

Try Mini pellia, Ricciacardia instead of Riccia. Different darker shade that what you have now. Another interesting plant perhaps: Hottonia or Limnophila wavy. Fine textured, delicate and bright white green.

Tom,

Thanks for these suggestions. The idea of Riccardia as a kind of carpet is something I will follow up. Fits well with the new scape that is taking shape (in my head).

Thanks for the info on peroxide. To be tested shortly.

Thomas

So it has been done. The scape is down. This is the final pic taken minutes before the mayhem. Uprooting the Ammania "forest" was not easy. I swear those stems were screaming! I would like to thank all of those who commented and liked along the way. Getting feedback from fellow scapers is such a huge inspiration to improve and stay sharp. Thanks and see in see you in the Green Ravine...(sorry about the bubbles...)

Thomas

9AecSWy.jpg

Look forward to your next one Thomas and i hope you got a nice iaplc shot ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi Too, few questions:
1) If i calculate this tank dimensions correctly (are they in inches?) then it would yield to: 188cm wide x 112cm deep x 62cm high but that doesn't seem to reflect on the picuture. Am i correct on the sizing?
2) Can you comment on what fertilizer regime you used? E.g. how much ml of each fertilizers a week?

Back