• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternanthera reineckii Dying

Bba is controlled ;) is not growing annymore and i will use excel and sae are eating!

I know but he said but he said to that the other plants were ok so probably photassium was ok.
But rotala green, rotala rotundufolia, hottonia, all this plants on lower part are too dark..... That why i ask it.
Already have 108watts and co2 at nught goes from 7,5 to 6,5 with kh(3/4) it is suppost to go to 6?.
Im just waiting for up atomizer because i dont have nothing right now but im using the filter(mechanic part) to do like a reactor.

Just a little photo :)
494f08fb6f774cb75519363244db0a8f.jpg

That really is a lovely looking tank. I see that you have a powerhead on the side. Where is your spray bars? I think that if you have the spray bars along the whole length at the back pointing horizontal to the front such that when its above water it can make it to the front then your flow/ distribution problems will be over. I think that the power head will be messing with the flow and hence distribution of co2 and nutrients.

Thank you.
Thar spraybars are there. You can see them.
My experience with this spraybars like this is telling me that the lower place on the back is not taking co2 but yes the top and all the front..
I think that the perfect flow is like a circle...
One outflow place on the top back right and annother on front top left..

You can see on the photo that hottonia lower part(the plant on the left front) is darker.

I think that the best circular flow is from back to front. This helps as tanks usually slope to the back. Any side flow especially as powerful has the one you have there will mess with the circular flow.

Look at Clive's post here about 5th down...

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/flow-question.26532/
That's what im trying to explain... ;)

Dont you think that can be phosphate?? The deficiency of phosphate makes the lower part dark.. Im dosing 1/16 tsp. Its the recomended for my aquarium.. But he is super planted...

I thought so from the very first picture used to open the thread. Right now, it's hard to tell to be honest exactly what's going on. You've got to plant a healthy all over stem planted and then monitor. If you've got previously damaged leaves on the lower parts of plants for one or another reason, they'll keep getting deteriorated so they are no longer indicator of macro deficiencies, they are just rotting. As for darker and lighter colour, I doubt it you'll get away with that little if its a phosphate deficiency.

6535b5dee9210299436b7f68ac076bd5.jpg

Two days ago i started to dose 1/8 of kh2po4(i was adding 1/16stp) and today the leaves have much more the red collor on the bottom. I dont know if its this but i hope...
In the same way one guy here that have a perfects alternanthera in his aquarium, he said that dose 20ppm of nitrates and much more phosphates and potassium..
I think that i will dose more...
I was adding 1/4tsp of kno3 and now i will dose 1tsp
I was not adding potassium sulphate but now i will add 1/4tsp.
Do you think that this dose calcolations are ok? Its not necessary? I need oppinions...
I think that dosing too much fertilyzers thats not a problem, but i dont want to waste.

7fd2833e8047f62da033761f83bb9072.jpg

Can you tell me what is this difiency?
My mix of trace is: 250ml of water, 10g of traces, dose: 15ml x 3/week for my 200L aquarium.

You do have a lot of plants maybe more nutrient is needed. Mg and Iron come to mind. Also more co2 wont go amiss...

What is the flow like in the area of this plant?

Its good, i have a inflow bar near, so, the water will certnly move in this place.
I have many plants but im adding tom barr EI fertilyzing, its suppost to give me for all the plants

Looks like iron defficiency to me maybe. If its coupled with algae then it could be low nitrates. Just dose full EI.

For the traces im doing:
500ml of water
30grams of traces

I'm dosing 20ml, 3 days/week

You seem to be dosing 1.2 ppm of iron if my calculations are good. So you shouldnt have iron defficiency.
The calculator says you have to prepare a solution with 38 g to be adding 0.5 ppm of Fe a week. Lets listen to the calc which is probably right. You seem to have enough Fe anyway.
What about nitrates?

Last edited:
Back