• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternative to ADA light screen

Tom Michael

Just seen on a Phil Olivera vid the use of a back lit panel that was not ADA

I think the company is Polish- anyone have any better info about this?

Love ADAs product, but 400 euros for the 90cm version is difficult to part with!

Might be worth looking out for backlit poster/advertising boards, once you take off the frame they look very similar, though admittedly with different dimensions. Add the frosted film, a couple of hooks and you're basically at an ADA light screen.

It's these guys, "thelightground", they're on Instagram and Facebook ;)

Cheers- having a read through looks like they have a German distribution via the Scapers Lounge and will announce other European distributors shortly.

I think the price point will be key, if it's say 100 euros less for a cheaper product I would rather pay more for ADA as the quality is proven

What about just back lighting the tank. That's what I'm doing with my new set up. LED strip from Amazon. Colour changeable and dimmable

What about just back lighting the tank. That's what I'm doing with my new set up. LED strip from Amazon. Colour changeable and dimmable

Thanks- yes I currently use backlighting, which admittedly looks very nice, but when you compare with ADAs light screen, the effect is different.

For anyone of interest I contacted The Light Ground and they informed me that they would shortly provide details of a distributor in Cambridge. Isn't Aquarium Gardens that way?!

Looks like aquarium gardens will be getting to test the product to see if they are happy with the design, and if so may retail in future. I will be interested in their findings!

which one did you go for and any further info? message me if it's easier.
I currently have a Phillips light strip from the hue range - certainly not the cheapest, but it's good quality and if you have the hue system easy to use.

However the effect is nice, it's not quite the same as a light screen. It's obviously what you like and how much your willing to pay for a lighting 'effect '!

Does Current USA also sell the Background film and LED strips separately?
I might be tempted but my tanks are 55cm tall o_O

Just seen on a Phil Olivera vid the use of a back lit panel that was not ADA

I think the company is Polish- anyone have any better info about this?

Love ADAs product, but 400 euros for the 90cm version is difficult to part with!
Size 60x36cm. A lot cheaper than ADA and Lightground

Has anyone studied ikeas catalog? They had light panels on their displays last time I was in.

Absolutely not, having an ADA logo is scientifically proven to make it a bazillion times better

Back