• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternative to Eheim double taps?

zig

Is there?

I need a good few double taps but don't want to feel extorted by eheim is there an alternative, I'm looking for 12-16mm double taps. I know somewhere in the distant past I saw Fluval taps but can't seem to find these, anyone any ideas where to look or have you found an alternative.

Worth looking at pond connectors? Might not find the size you want though :(

Edit: Something like this maybe:

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-detail ... y/897.html

You could have a set of 2 with a short bit of hose between them. Close the taps, losen a hose clip on one end and disconnect maybe? At £1.80 each, plus hose clips, it might work out cheaper. I bet you could find these cheaper elsewhere if you looked, I just did a quick search for pond connectors.

I had some of the Fluval ones and I chucked them out and replaced them with the Ehiem ones. I found them hard to use and after a while they leaked. The Ehiem ones were much better. I can't think of any alternative that will do a good job off the top of my head.

Cheers guys, just the eheim taps add up when you need a good few of them, pricey, but I will admit other than price I have no complaints the product works well.

I will keep looking, forget about the fluval and might check out some pond stuff see if I can find anything there.

Thankyou.

Back