Alternative to Vallis

Ed Seeley

How tall is that tank? I have got a group of Crinum calamistratum which are superb plants and look really great and don't spread, but their leaves are way too long for my Rio 180 so they're being moved into a deeper tank soon. I reckon they'd look perfect in a 2 or 3 ft deep tank, I'm just hoping their leaves won't go over too much of the surface in an 18" deep one!!!

Mark Evans

Expert
aaronnorth said:
cyperus helferi
its a tough one. you NEED good lighting for C Helferi. it takes an age to settle in and look at its best.

the stuff that i've had from tropica and aquafleur have been emrgeged growth and when you plant it, it takea awhile to form new growth.

i've just brought a load on in the "Miracle Mire" the new growth came from the flower heads i now have nice 3 inch plantlets that are good for underwater life :D

you gota persavere with it.

aaronnorth

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
cyperus helferi
its a tough one. you NEED good lighting for C Helferi. it takes an age to settle in and look at its best.

the stuff that i've had from tropica and aquafleur have been emrgeged growth and when you plant it, it takea awhile to form new growth.

i've just brought a load on in the "Miracle Mire" the new growth came from the flower heads i now have nice 3 inch plantlets that are good for underwater life :D

you gota persavere with it.
The OP has a "high tech" tank: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4377

Superman

I've got some cyperus helferi and it's not going great. Would be interested to see how yours does.
Although, its visually better than vallis, I've not had much growth and the leaves seem to burn when they get near the top where the flow is (they're planted right under the spray bar).

Superman

Tourney said:
What sort of lighting, ferts and substrate have you got Clark?
I've got tropica planted substrate (been there for a while) and gravel cap, dosing EI (high dosing tbh) with 2x39w PlantGrow tubes.
I think it'd go better if I move it, but I've got no space to move it!