• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternative to Vallis

How tall is that tank? I have got a group of Crinum calamistratum which are superb plants and look really great and don't spread, but their leaves are way too long for my Rio 180 so they're being moved into a deeper tank soon. I reckon they'd look perfect in a 2 or 3 ft deep tank, I'm just hoping their leaves won't go over too much of the surface in an 18" deep one!!!

aaronnorth said:
cyperus helferi
its a tough one. you NEED good lighting for C Helferi. it takes an age to settle in and look at its best.

the stuff that i've had from tropica and aquafleur have been emrgeged growth and when you plant it, it takea awhile to form new growth.

i've just brought a load on in the "Miracle Mire" the new growth came from the flower heads i now have nice 3 inch plantlets that are good for underwater life :D

you gota persavere with it.

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
cyperus helferi
its a tough one. you NEED good lighting for C Helferi. it takes an age to settle in and look at its best.

the stuff that i've had from tropica and aquafleur have been emrgeged growth and when you plant it, it takea awhile to form new growth.

i've just brought a load on in the "Miracle Mire" the new growth came from the flower heads i now have nice 3 inch plantlets that are good for underwater life :D

you gota persavere with it.

The OP has a "high tech" tank: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4377

Back