• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternatives to Python Vacuum

Driftless

My tanks are all in my office and we use a long Python vacuum to do WC's. We seem to be regularly replacing the parts on this simple system, I am wondering if anyone has come across a more substantial alternative to Python? Thanks in advance.

I have 4 tanks not that big though I use gravity to help and use the bathroom on the first floor to fi fill from and then just syphon out onto the grass for the waste.

IMG_0444.jpeg

No grass, I founded a charity that houses the homeless and one of the reasons that I got back into aquariums is because the clients love to look at them and have even helped with the maintenance. We do dump the water from filter cleanings into the plant container though. The next tank, when it is eventually delivered, will be another planted Discus tank. Just out of sight is an apartment building that I own that we house our residents in.

Once the new tank is in I will need to WC up to 168 gallons once a week not including the two 40g quarantine/fry/plant nursery tanks in the basement.

Last edited:
Back