• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Always room for just one more....

As I have stripped the 1500
:oops: Nooooooooo šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­!!

That was what got me into planted tanks, It was my inspiration when i first saw it on one of the facebook groups. I continuously pestered my mrs showing her pics of it talking about how i wanted to do mine etc haha!
I went out at the weekend specifically to buy PFK magazine as i knew it was in there, I'm gutted!

What plans do you have for it now?

Cheers

:oops: Nooooooooo šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­!!

That was what got me into planted tanks, It was my inspiration when i first saw it on one of the facebook groups. I continuously pestered my mrs showing her pics of it talking about how i wanted to do mine etc haha!
I went out at the weekend specifically to buy PFK magazine as i knew it was in there, I'm gutted!

What plans do you have for it now?

Cheers
Ahh, thatā€™s so nice to hear and so pleased it inspired you to get into planted tanks, itā€™s a great hobby :)
Hereā€™s the post in the re-education journal, it explains things a little bit, but Iā€™m downsizing in favour of running a few smaller tanks. I will utilise it again one day but for now itā€™s retired into storage.

Well, that is it.....

View attachment 163203

Iā€™d like to end this journal by saying a huge thanks to everyone on the forum who has contributed along the way. The input offered has certainly contributed to the success of this tank and for that, as with my first planted tank journal on UKAPS, I am always grateful.
This tank has offered everything that I set out to achieve.....and so much more.....returning back to the planted tank scene. Longevity, education, and enjoyment. There are so many facets to this hobby, and this tank has inspired me to try some new avenues.

Iā€™m looking forward to creating a new smaller set up and get some existing projects (the Twenty Seven Thousand - 30c journal) up and running. One day Iā€™m sure I will revisit this big tank, but for now I will enjoy multiple tank syndrome in a manageable way.

I have some amazing keepsakes from the scape, noteably the IAPLC 2020 final image and print my family got me, along with @George Farmer visiting and producing two incredible video montages alongside the recently released Practical fishkeeping magazine article which I am over the moon with. This tank in that respect has far exceeded expectation and I hope can inspire others to see the potential benefits of a longer term or even a simpler aquascape that still offers high impact.

Iā€™ll leave things with a collection of the images which Iā€™ll be honest, make me proud. It may sound a little over the top, but being part of this hobby is hugely beneficial in many ways. There is a strong sense of community, there is a connection with nature and it is an interest that can be enjoyed within our homes, which during recent times is especially beneficial.

Cheerio, and hereā€™s to the next one :)

View attachment 163213

View attachment 163215

View attachment 163216

The recent PFK magazine article written by @George Farmer. I have copies of the high resolution images he took, however I think they are too large to upload so I have re-sized some of them to add.

View attachment 163209
View attachment 163210
View attachment 163208

View attachment 163219

View attachment 163220

View attachment 163221

View attachment 163222

View attachment 163223

View attachment 163224
View attachment 163225
View attachment 163226

View attachment 163227

Don't go cooking the shrimp!! looks great there! maybe a permanent home?
Ha, no not a permanent home. The tank is too wide and I have the 30c in the kitchen already. I do really like having it there though when cooking :)
Love this tank Adey, even tempted to get one myself
Cheers Mark, yeah they are great tanks, although not available any longer :(

Hi,
the tank is back in its permanent position in the living room. Itā€™s not the ideal orientation as it was scaped for its old position on the opposite wall, however I donā€™t want to rescape just yet as I enjoy it too much......plus I have the 30c just planted and the 900 you can see beside it to scape :)
Cheerio,
Ady

9597E437-5084-4F05-B937-9A72584A6CE0.jpeg

Couple of other recent shots....
a little Otto hanging under a ranunculus umbrella
3227158E-4491-411D-8234-306B6623EB61.jpeg

956142EE-F062-485E-8F32-0A79D1998597.jpeg

and a FTS with the carpet just trimmed again....
94D35D61-4BCD-4984-80C5-4E9B320F7A53.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice Ady - what are you planning for on the 900, style-wise?

Also note a Gourami in the 600, is that beautiful Killifish still in there too?

The scape looks very very nice! Great work! How did you move the tank from the countertop to this location?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with the 900. An Iwagumi maybe? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also arrived at the same conclusion - with their heads uppermost, if I remember rightly.
OK, brain engaged now! Their heads would have to be uppermost cos' that's where their suckermouth is located. T'other way 'round and they'd flop over!

JPC

Very nice Ady - what are you planning for on the 900, style-wise?

Also note a Gourami in the 600, is that beautiful Killifish still in there too?
I have some beautiful frodo stones which Iā€™m going to have a play with and see what direction it takes from there......perhaps an iwagumi if they work.
Yes two honey gourami were added several months ago, the yellow adds a nice contrast.
Unfortunately the beautiful killifish only lasted about three months. They are an annual fish with a short lifespan however I feel his life was too short. They were approximately three months old when I got them, and I had him for three more so only 6 months old. His mate lasted another month or so but she also passed.

Hi @Ady34

Beautiful tank and one of the best Oto photos I've ever seen!

JPC
Thank you, itā€™s more an interesting photo than a quality one but I loved how was sitting under a canopy as if sheltering from the rain :)

The scape looks very very nice! Great work! How did you move the tank from the countertop to this location?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with the 900. An Iwagumi maybe? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and yes perhaps an iwagumi if the rocks play ball.
I simply drained the water to about 1ā€ above substrate plants and me and my brother lifted it :) šŸ’Ŗ

Very nice photos as always, and lush plants! Loving it :)
Thank you, me too :)

cheerio,

Little update on this tank.
The scape continues to offer a lot of enjoyment :)
Recently I have suffered a bba outbreak I think triggered by a lack of plant trimming, increased plant mass and resultant effect on flow and distribution. I have thinned the plants and will increase maintenance along with manual removal of effected plant leaves and using my Ada pro picker to remove from the wood.
I also managed to get another stunning little nothobranchius rachovii which has pleased me, they really are one of the most beautiful fish Iā€™ve ever seen :)

Blue finned notho
6F001000-0359-4C75-B79F-D0CE21400D16.jpeg

Current bba:
5E5EE134-12FA-4CB2-9A6E-8391938B3699.jpeg

53FDF599-288A-4600-931C-D7530F9EDA4F.jpeg

mini Christmas moss during a water change with some hitchhiker Monte Carlo taken residence. This moss grows both above and below the water line at this point using the branch as a water wick which maintains moisture levels:
5AC8D100-B66A-49C4-ABF6-794DF7CE671B.jpeg

0D9E17C2-032B-4378-BEED-A2DB8BA0C59D.jpeg

2BD8B4C1-01F3-4FAB-9FA4-AC1E6A79A8DE.jpeg

88EF2F18-D0FA-4ACB-9739-9E8D3FE76F98.jpeg

754A58EC-CBB1-49AF-984B-7D1DC6EFFF29.jpeg
5A964550-2FA2-4F76-8094-1B38BADE2607.jpeg

Cheerio,

Last edited:
Back