• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I asking the impossible? Fancy goldfish.

peaches

I am keeping 3 fancy goldfish in a bare bottomed tank (Juwel 240 litres) with a few plants. I have never kept a bare bottom tank before but i want to try it for the fancies. There are 4 packs of biorb pebbles on the bottom scattered in groups some piled up to disguise the terracotta rings on the 2 bunches of elodea,1 bunch cabomba, one coconut arch with anubias golden on and one piece of bogwood with anubias barteri on. The back of the tank has a printed background, which has to go.

I have seen absolutely no pictures of nice looking tanks which feature plants in pots or on wood with no substrate. I want to make it look nicer but I am committed to the bare bottom. I am totally aware at how naff the tank looks now.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to how to improve its looks, as this is my largest living room tank.

Get rid of the fancy goldfish? :lol:

Prob like you suggested some plants on wood, but since there gonna be living in cold water (I think that's correct) then your limited with your plants too.

Good luck!

Surprised that you could not find any, You are not limited in planting a goldfish tank. You just need a Little Imagination, that is all.
Have a Look at this Vid from Youtube. A Great Planted Goldfish Tank

Go for some nice enert tiles on the bottom

Then you can just have all the plants on driftwood or just use 2 part epoxy putty like in reef tanks in you want plants on the floor

I think fancy goldfish are semi tropical anyway so id say get some java ferns ect. Start wiyh hardy plantsand see how they do.

I was planning a turtle tank with the same design at one point.
Fraser

Back