• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I being a tight-wad?

I won't say where from, but last night I was browsing the internet in search of a glass drop checker and came accross an ADA Drop Checker at the Grand Price of £59.99.

Quite frankly, I would be absolutly astonished if there is anyone out there that has paid that for an ADA one instead of spending <£10-15 elsewhere.

It begs the question, what the hell do you get for your money besides the ADA name? If I paid £59.99 I'd want one that generates its own bromo blue out of thin air and bounces off of the floor when you drop it!!

Or am I just being a tight-wad??

This is standard for ada. They know people will pay for the name ( and quality). Their prices are such to reinforce their world leader image.

I think darrens spot on, its like the ada ball glass £75 which is just ridiculous but my god I want one lol :)

I really don't see there is a problem with the price to be honest, not if Amano delivers this himself and installs it and while he has his hands wet he makes a few adjustments to your scape along with a 2 hour master-class :lol:

I really don't see there is a problem with the price to be honest, not if Amano delivers this himself and installs it and while he has his hands wet he makes a few adjustments to your scape along with a 2 hour master-class :lol:

Lmao....... 4 hours mate not 2

Makes me wonder, if I'm paying that for a tiny drop checker, how much are the tanks lol

a2ymy3a2.jpg

£509 for an ADA 90-P ;)

It a bit like everything I remember when skoda started selling the Octavia, even I said I'd never get in that now I own one and there is four more in the family. It's a vw Audi but with Out the badge or price tag... But not if your 16:) so ada is the Audi my glass drop checker is a skoda:D audi are nicer looking though:D £60 ? I didn't pay that for my tank and stand!! :D

Better than your TMC? You had TMC before right?

Hey,
No I've not had a signature by TMC, but apparently the differences are small. TMC do a 900mm tank, but it's drilled for sump use.

I'm happy with mine :)

avape3eq.jpg

Got two bags of Amazonia powder, some Do!Aqua curved scissors and some tweezers too.. Not cheap, but they're excellent.

Worth every penny when your tweesers come with a certificate of authenticity :rolleyes: :lol:

(Will post pic after work!)

I'll never buy anything from ada even if i win the lottery or have lots of excess cash in my wallet
Why give it to amano when you can fill your tank with plants instead.

I needed a tank to put plants in, in the first place.

Or am I just being a tight-wad??

I saw this post and so wanted to say "Yes, you are tight-wad!", but no, I think you have your head screwed on.

ADA, is a lovely brand, but I think they take the pee pee in areas.

Then again, they can only do that if there is a market willing to pay silly prices.

Back