• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I being too fussy?

jamesb

I ordered some plants from a certain website. (will remain unnamed for now) only to find out the only place one order a week with their supplier and I had missed the cut off point by about 6 hours. Therefore my plants weren't ordered till the following Tuesday. I didn't find this out till after I placed the order. The site I ordered from then doesn't receive their delivery till Friday morning and they claim to dispatch Friday evening. So I figured right well if the courier I picking them up Friday evening with any luck I will get them Saturday seeing as I payed extra for next day delivery. WRONG! I get a dispatch email on Saturday and a partial refund with no explanation. So this morning I get a delivery notification via email and text saying today. Fair enough at least I am getting them.... 2 weeks after ordering. I asked about the refund and this was down to 2 of the plants I ordered not coming from supplier. (thanks for letting me know on the day I am receiving the order I have waited 2 weeks for!). I get home and none of the plants are in anything better than average condition as far as my untrained eye can see so not exactly impressed then I get to the bottom and one of the plants is no bigger than your little finger nail and my hygrophila difformis looks like this!
5222840f-1c63-1c53.jpg
now am I being funny or are this lot taking the mick? That stuff looks like its been in a box since I placed the order 2 Tuesday's ago! Feel really annoyed and the only reason I am not yet shaming this bunch is I haven't emailed them yet about this to find out who the hell they think they are taking people's money for practically dead plants. Please tell me if I have no reason to feel cheated after this but i can't stand people selling something to someone and sending them rubbish like that

my first ever plant order was with that company.... Never again.

I would name them, so people know what to expect int terms of customer service.

I really wouldn't be happy with what you've stated here, as it appears they are treating it like a chore, rather than a pleasure to sell their products to you.

It was plantedtanks.co.uk. Or mine was anyway I am assuming Darren's is the same

Yup, I had various unsatisfactory dealings with companies who order from Asian suppliers. Never turned out to be worth the apparent savings - lots of plants don't do well with that length of time in transit, and you're never sure about the quality you'll receive.

I always bite the bullet and buy Tropica/Aquafleur/other EU growers now if I can't find what I want from other hobbyists.

Also check this thread - http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19609

From what I could gather they are supposed to be European

no. Mine was not with that company. In fact my last plant order was with planted tanks and i was very happy with all they sent.... Maybe you got a bad day?

I made the mistake of using planetedtanks. Awful service and terrible quality of plants, you'll get decent sized and healthy plants from aqua essentials or green machine.

I knew it was them before you named them. The shrimp massacre aside I've never had healthy plants from them. Probably bought 10 plants off them overall and I think only one hasn't melted away (not including the ones I had to chuck away because they killed all my shrimp).

I am alarmed they are still taking two weeks to arrive. The reason for that was because they came in from the far east. I thought he'd promised to stop importing them from there after the shrimp genocide.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

hotweldfire said:
I knew it was them before you named them. The shrimp massacre aside I've never had healthy plants from them. Probably bought 10 plants off them overall and I think only one hasn't melted away (not including the ones I had to chuck away because they killed all my shrimp).

I am alarmed they are still taking two weeks to arrive. The reason for that was because they came in from the far east. I thought he'd promised to stop importing them from there after the shrimp genocide.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

I would go absolutely Jackie Chan on his Ass!

Sounds like a horrible company..

Also had a few dealing with various far east importers and generally rubbish quality, the only good ones ive had is if you ring them first and only buy the plants they have in their holding tanks. Imported and forwarded always looked just like your pics. On the positive side he is usually very good with refunds... seems that part of the business has had plenty of use!!

You are not being to fussy James, would rage after this myself (as you prob know lol). Would personally request a full refund and never think about ordering from them again. Hope you get a reply soon and come up with a good result in the end. Will do a water change and trim plants today, and still got plants waiting for you, if want to come around.

Cheers dude. Dont worry too much about the plants like I say I have managed to use most of what I ordered other than the difformis which I will get replaced. Thanks for thinking of me though. How's your tank coming on?

Hope fully once planted they show come through but i would still complain.

Right well I have now sent a second email direct to someone rather than the generic support email address as had no reply at all today. So to add with poor plants goes bad customer service!

Well after the second email that was a little new forceful and to what I think was the top dog I got a reply. He has assured me the plants are from aquadip in holland and is sending me some new hygrophila difformis I am hoping to get it this week but have not had this confirmed. He said if this batch was no good I would get a full refund. Just have to wait and see I guess

Back