• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AM100 vs UP Atomiser vs Other inline Co2 solutions

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there in UKAPS-land had ever compared, through experiments or otherwise, the AM1000 Co2 Reactor against the inline UP Atomiser and other ways of dissolving Co2 inline?

A bit of history; I am currently using an AM1000 and have gotten to thinking that it is slowing the flow of the filter it is attached to (Eheim 2078 Pro3e). It is currently running without the bio-balls to help improve the flow, but I am still getting lots of micro bubbles making it out of the spray bar and into the tank. I was under the impression that I was supposed to get near 100% diffusion.

In the case of the AM1000 vs the UP Atomiser is the difference in rates of diffusion enough to degate the difference in flow?

Keep your AM1000, that's much better than any inline stuff out there. Just put a mesh in it. This way the bubbles will be so small that you will not see any of them.

I never seen a tank with an inline diffuser where the bubbles were invisible. I used the Up one on a couple of our tanks in the past. But running 2 AM1000 currently on 240L tanks and i never see bubbles there. They both have mesh in it.
One of them running with a 2080 Eheim the other with 2075 Eheim. They both perfect. However you loose some of the flow.

Bobtastic said:
Hi Viktor,

What sort of mesh do you use in your AM1000s? I definitely haven't got space for another AM1000 in my cabinet (unless I build myself a new one! ;)).

Mosquito mesh will do the job. Just fill 1/2 of the tube with it at least. ;)
We also dropped the bio balls the first time to keep the flow higher.

There's another prof reactor out there. Called Aquamas: http://www.aquamas.de/product_info.php/ ... 0l55pv5481
They are using foam in default not balls. And they solved the flow loss issue too with a bypass.

I guess even a foam or a mesh would do the work. And you will love your reactor when there will be no bubbles at all. :angelic:

Would this work Viktor?
IMG_20110624_200500.jpg

And unravelled!
IMG_20110624_201040.jpg

Back