• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AM1000 Reactor Diffusion Question

If its only 180 litre, if you split the line to accomodate rector and heater the line will still need to go from 25mm to 16 mm. But depending on how you position the outlets in the tank from each hose you should be ok. I e you could then use glass Lilly outlets for each.
Other alternative filters could be any if the eheim rang for example the 2080 or 2078 but your looking at paying a fair price for those, and with all the inline bits added you'll end up with possibly less than what the fx5 would give With split tubes.
I'd stick with the fx5 and try splitting the lines. Or make yourself a reactor but then you'd have a heater in tank

But depending on how you position the outlets in the tank from each hose you should be ok. I e you could then use glass Lilly outlets for each.

What an excellent idea! That was going to be my next thread. Lily pipes!! Not glass, but acrylic. I know they exist, but can`t find them. A man with near on 1000 posts must be familiar with such an object? I`m not sure I like the oultlet with the fx5 looks like a tanoy system you would find at military institution. :lol:

There's lots of info on google about DIY acrylic lily Pipes but I've never seen them being sold by online shops etc. if they did I'm sure there would be allsorts of sizes available. Its a Shane really as of someone manufactured something similar for the fx5 they would sell lots. As you say the twin outlet on the fx5 isn't great to be honest, and also drastically reduces output flow as its splits flow. Not good either if you want circular flow in the tank. If you split the hose to accomodate your reactor and heater, you'd be unable to use the double outlets anyway.
I have searched everywhere for lily pipe type outlets for the fx5 with not much luck. I resorted to making my own spray bar for it using the spray bar kit from a ex2400. Now I just use a clear l bend elbow which gives significantly more flow around the tank.

I used an AM1000 reactor for a while and found it to be pretty much useless for the amount of CO2 I was pumping into the tank, I used it on a JBL e1500 and I always had a build up of CO2 of about 6-7cm but the end of the day, with media or no media in it.

In my opinion the reactor is too short, had it been another 10cm long it would do a much better job, I just use an UP Atomizer now and that does the trick ;)

Hi all
LondonDragon said:
I used an AM1000 reactor for a while and found it to be pretty much useless for the amount of CO2 I was pumping into the tank,
I remember that, we never did work out why it didn't work for you :?
As you saw with your own eyes, the lawn in the 180l journal in my signature was grown with it, so I couldn't fathom out why it didn't work for you, and your tanks blow mine out the water any day of the week :(

Back