• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano requirements

Hi @CalRed

Here's some very useful bedtime reading:

Although the above article recommends the API and Seachem copper test kits, I would definitely not select the API test kit. I have the API copper test kit and it is not sensitive enough. The Seachem may be a better choice but it cannot reliably measure to "less than 0.01mg/l". I use a dip stick test:

JPC
Thanks jay i'll have a look later this evening and order johns copper test kit.

I have the same issue with my skimmer but normally only my cherries get in. I even found a fish in the filter. Must of jumped and landed on the skimmer is my only logic. Luckily when I did my filter change I found him still alive !
Trying this currently and seems to be working so far. Needs cleaning every couple of days but its keeping the shrimp where they're supposed to be. I clean the skimmer regularly so it requires no extra effort really. Its just some fine netting with the relevant holes cut.

Attachments

• 20210219_151736.jpg
    20210219_151736.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
Can I clarify something? My query is very similar as have soft water and have ordered some Amanos. Where do Amanos get their calcium from? If I feed them with a shrimp food that is calcium enriched and have a whole cuttle bone for them to graze on (will they?) do I also need to increase hardness of my very soft water? If they absorb enough calcium in their diet is it needed in the water? Thanks

Back